[A83] Re: font hook help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: font hook help

> Van: Andy Hochhaus <hochhaus@cmh2000.com>
>
> I am attempting to write a font hook that will stop the display of
> certain things during normal calculator operation. (Don’t ask why
> J )

I have thought of a program *like* that before, something like a subliminal
message program. The cursor space is normaly not used and is only an
inverted/deinverted block (most of the time), so yuo could 'easely' display
messages there.

Something like "Help!!! I'm trapped inside!!!" :-)

A bit of a bogus program, like the Jimmy Virus, but uhm, maybe handy on
tests/exams? You would need some training to read the lines, but well...

But maybe easier to make an interrupt/hook (on the 83+) that analyzes the
current buffer, and then outputs an answer (for a short time): you enter
"omelet du fromage" and the answer is "cheese omelet", etc.

Also nice is a program that handles shortcuts or things like entering
"HEL"+[key] to start/type "prgmHELLO".

	Henk Poley