[A83] Re: apps

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: apps

The reason there is a shortage, it that TI thought they could make big
bucks from it, by selling SDK's. You need to pay 100 bucks initially, in
order to make three apps, after that, they appear to be cheaper, but
still, it costs money. Most of the TI-Community is still going to
school, and can as such not really afford it.
 From what I understood, Detached Solutions had the advantage of beta
testing the SDK, and as a result, they could get those allication rights
at a (correct me it i'm wrong) lower, or even no price. This has been
also a great advantage to all 83+ users (mirageos, calcsys, the contest...).

I wonder if TI actually thought there were major companies who would
want to make comercial apps :) additionally I wonder why they made the
educational sdk so high priced.

--Peter Martijn

Dohboy3@cs.com wrote:

>                I think its great, that detached solutions is trying to make
> applications for the TI-83+.  There is really a shortage, because I don't
> like the ones on TI.com (too much memory).  The applications are a great
> feature to the TI-83+, and it is good to see that at least 1 company is
> trying to make use of it.  I thought the recent contest was a marvelous way
> to get people to program applications, and I hope they do the contest again,
> later.  I can't wait until the apps come out (especially King Of Fighters
> 200!!!)
>                               ~Dohboy3

Follow-Ups: References: