A83: length_program?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: length_program?

how can i find out how large my program is (in bytes)? because i tried it on my computer (with  program of which i knew it was '17 bytes '(see example from below) and i couldn't find the 17 anywhere.

Also, when you want to create a program in an asm-program,you normally put your code in hexadecimal in a .db-statement (see below for example) , but when i use devpac83 to squish my programs, i doesn't become hexadecimal (i open the program in my TI-graphlink-program on my computer and then i try to copy that to UE32), but just a bunch of signs of my calculator and UE32 doesn't recognize these signs.  Do I have to put them in one by one by hand (with the signs described in tokens.inc) or is there an other way?

call _clrLCDFull  ; Clear screen.

  call _homeup      ; Home up.

  ld   hl,create

  call _puts

  call _newline

  ld   hl,asmcreate

  call _puts

  call _zerooop1    ; Set Op1 to zero

  ld hl,progname1   ; the name of the prog

  ld de,op1         ; copy it to op1

  ld bc,7           ; 7 chars in name

  ldir              ; do the copying

  call _chkfindsym  ; look it up

  call nc,_delvar   ; if it is there delete it (to keep things clean)

  ld hl,17          ; length of program (in bytes)

  call _createprog  ; create it

  inc de            ; skip 1st length byte

  inc de            ; skip 2nd length byte

  ld hl,prog1       ; program data

  ld bc,17          ; program data length

  ldir              ; copy data

  ret               ; all done!

progname1:

  .db PROGOBJ,"ZJAMES",0

prog1:

  .db "CD5547C9",tEnter   => this is what i mean!!!!

  .db tEnd,tEnter

  .db "0000",tEnter

  .db tEnd