Re: A83: Re: ti83plus.inc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: ti83plus.inc

On 20 Feb 00, at 22:59, Jkhum98@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 2/20/00 9:51:33 PM Central Standard Time,
RalphieMSc@aol.com writes:

> It is not required to "squish" an ASM program before running,
> however
>  "squishing" makes it smaller and also edit-locks it in the process.
>   All
ASM

>  programs, however, MUST start with "AsmPrgm".

I think the AsmPrgm Token is needed for the Compression
(Tokenization)
process... a valid assembly program to be "squished" using
AsmComp(
has to have that first, so that the user cant squish and ruin a basic
program. The OS prolly doesnt leave the bytes that "AsmPrgm"
represents, as the first byte, the code would be first after a
successful compression. It makes sense that ASM progs to be
executed
through the OS dont need that Token byte first because Devpack
surely
doesnt put it in for the 83+ and it seems to work fine... I havent
ever taken a look at the devpack process myself, but that is my
presumptive interpretation of how it all works. Feel free to bash me
if you know better... :)

Jason_K

P.S. - Dim-TI is to be back in progress on Feb 28th, woo! :)

In any case, the AsmPrgm is a great way to detect an asm
program.  SexyAss is some wierd name for Russel Walter's asm
language.  I don't even care what processor it's for, because it
sounds gay!

One thing to gain from a shell- libraries!  Man, though, I'd have to
have the libs available in order for GameShark to execute them as
progs...  GameShark Pro is my latest project.  It's designed to
detect and play Asm Programs with codes to make it easier.  But,
if libs are used, a major problem arises.  How does GameShark
detect these libs?  I'm thinking key codes like the ones the N64
GameShark uses to detect them, as well as key codes to
recognize shell progs.  After all this, it will install a code interrupt
into the calc to force alternate values into the memory, like how the
real GameShark works.  I just need to figure out how to incorporate
all this...  One final thing.  If you want to make a game not
compatible with GameShark Pro, I won't support ANY codes to
activate it.  All you gotta do in theory is turn off the interrput.