Re: A83: Re: ti83plus.inc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: ti83plus.inc

In a message dated 2/20/00 9:51:33 PM Central Standard Time,
RalphieMSc@aol.com writes:

> It is not required to "squish" an ASM program before running, however
>  "squishing" makes it smaller and also edit-locks it in the process.  All
ASM

>  programs, however, MUST start with "AsmPrgm".

I think the AsmPrgm Token is needed for the Compression (Tokenization)
process... a valid assembly program to be "squished" using AsmComp( has to
have that first, so that the user cant squish and ruin a basic program. The
OS prolly doesnt leave the bytes that "AsmPrgm" represents, as the first
byte, the code would be first after a successful compression. It makes sense
that ASM progs to be executed through the OS dont need that Token byte first
because Devpack surely doesnt put it in for the 83+ and it seems to work
fine... I havent ever taken a look at the devpack process myself, but that is
my presumptive interpretation of how it all works. Feel free to bash me if
you know better... :)

Jason_K

P.S. - Dim-TI is to be back in progress on Feb 28th, woo! :)