Re: A83: Writeback routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Writeback routines

In a message dated 4/22/00 10:27:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
JSilva2452@aol.com writes:

> I need to learn writeback for a game I am making.
>
>  I have ASM Guru but the writeback routine in it does not seem to work.
>
>  If anyone can help please reply.
>
>  Also, is there a way to enable _getk or _getkey to detect the 2nd button
as
>  keypress?
>
>  The game I am making is a D&D port from the Commodore 64/128 (yeah, this
> game
>  is so old it fits into these calcs perfectly). The game is Curse of the
> Azure
>  Bonds. I'll need help with a 3d view like in a maze later and some AI but
>  everything I have written so far I have been able to do myself using my
>  foundation from tons of tutorials. If you are interested in helping me e-
> mail
>  me.

Writeback just consists of addressing your Ram Variables when their labels
are directly in your program. You would have:

Variable1:
   .db 0
Highscore:
   .dw 0
etc

As opposed to -

Variable1 = SafeRam1+0
Highscore = SafeRam1+1
etc = SafeRam1+3

And about your keypress routine, try using "_getcsc", that one allows all
keys to be read. Im not sure of a resource at the moment that lists key
equates for that routine, but you could make yourself a short test program
that calls it and outputs the value when you press keys.

Jason_K