Re: A83: Map problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Map problem

Olle Hedman wrote:

> check for bugs.
> sorry.. couldn't resist. but what answer do you expect to a question like that?
> ok.. I'll try to help a bit.
> check so your map really is right, then check your lookuptable, and then the
> order of the sprites.
> In what way is it jumbled? totally random? can you see any pattern?
>
> //Olle
>
> Cory Derenburger wrote:
> >
> > I have a tile map routine, but it doesn't map out correctly (jumbled order)
> > on the screen.  Anybody know what to do?

I have some experience in mazes, a LOT really. I made this awesome maze program in
VB over a couple of weeks and really got into it. So how do you store the mazes? A
matrix, a list, a string of values, something else entirely, what? Definitely check
for patterns. Try mapping out what IS displayed, and try shifting/repositioning it.
Hopefully it might look vaguely like what it should (similar patterns). Really
before we can help we do need more info than just a maze that's jumbled. Please,
fill us in.

--
"What, behind the rabbit?"-King Arthur
The Heat Index   Nathang@firstva.com