Re: A83: WAAAY OT!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: WAAAY OT!!

> M'yes, but is it a big problem that we're off topic? The traffic on this
list
> is comparatively low, and most list faqs tend to state that mailing lists
are
> for a group of people sharing a common interest, that wish to talk to each
> other about whatever. Considering that this list doesn't have a faq
> (according to majordomo anyway), there's no easy answer to the question.
What
> do you all think?

My opinion? Keep it on-topic. Or at least as much as possible.
There have been too much messages lately about things which absolutely don't
interest me. I don't read this list for them, I have better things to do.
And because you guys keep changing the subject I can't skip the entire
thread (which I had to download first!) either. On a newsgroup this is a
much smaller problem since you don't have to download all. Oh, and I still
read those messages because there is always a small chance that one of them
states something interesting.

Anyways it's alot of extra, uninteresting reading for me which I prefer not
to do.
If I want to discuss about Linux or iMacs or whatever I assure you I will
join a discussion list dedicated to that, to discuss it there.

Don't misunderstand me, I really don't care about a FEW offtopic messages,
it can happen, but not this much.

~Grauw

--
          email me: laurensh@geocities.com or ICQ: 10196372