Re: A83: Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

In a message dated 3/2/99 5:50:41 PM Mountain Standard Time,
jfsmi@geocities.com writes:

> black display tends to be consistent with a high contrast setting...you
>  didn't by chance, try setting your contrast lower.  Assuming that you've
>  tried this, you could always go for the remove a battery of two and click
>  [on] about 1.54 x10^22 times.  Then putting the battery back in and turing
>  it on again.  If all else fails, you should be able to remove ALL
(including
>  backup) batteries and leave it there for say, overnight, then the mem
should
>  be wiped and the calc should reset.

Hit the [ON] button 15,400,000,000,000,000,000,000 (or so) times?  Well, I
guess that's about the right amount.  You may have forgotten to tack on an
extra zero or two, though, and I must stress that this sequence of events must
be repeated every 2.5 seconds or so.

Actually, in most "hard crashes" removing every single battery (I can't tell
you HOW important it is to remove EVERY battery, including the watch battery)
will reset the calculator.  Spouting profanity, dipping your calculator in hot
cocoa, throwing a wrench at the TI, bringing it to a car repair shop, sticking
it into your pants pocket, asking your boss to try tricks of stupidity on it,
and washing it in the washing machine may help you in extreme cases.

And yeah, you could reprogram the chips...it's called "applications of static
electricity".  This new method of reprogramming so-called "Read Only Memory"
chips will immediately reset the chips to their factory default state.  Of
course, in their factory default state, they're really nothing but a mass of
silicon atoms that followed some sort of arbitary chip-manufacturing process.
Therefore you can't really do much with them in that state.  I think...who
knows what kind of uses people may think of for dead silicon chips?

--David