Re: A83: Basic Extention Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

In a message dated 01/25/99 5:49:09 PM, Dsc984@aol.com writes:

>Ok, this would probably be better:
>The list is what the variables are, and Ans will be the function, so for
>sprite, you would do this:
>{8,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,1,1}->ASM
>"SPRITE
>Send(9pgrmASM
>The first number in the list is the size of the sprite, and the last two
>are the coordinates.  The list used would always be called ASM, so that the
>user would not have to memorize all the variables, and it would take up less
>space.

I didnt really understand this, because I thought you were intending "ASM" to
be a List, but then you "Send(9prgmASM" and um...?  Well, I do think that we
should use lists, but not just have the list stored in ANS temporarily,
because the programmer may want to reuse that list later in the program...
Also, if this was for a sprite, we should have the dimensions in the first two
elements of the list, but not include the coordinates, but rather have them
inputted in the Real Variables, since the coordinates my change frequently...
And I think the programmer should memorize what lists they use and which ones
contain what data, well atleast write down what corrosponding list names there
are... =P

>Also might want to include a function called ?, and when run it would display
>all the functions and what is required in the list.
>-David

This is a great idea, I immediatly thought that it would waste memory and we
should just list the info in a text file, but then what if the programmer is
doing this like at school, and doesnt have access to the text file...? Well
wait, we would not just need the list of what every included function is, but
what Input is required as well, that would waste a Whole lot of memory... =P
how about it being a seperate program, or cant the programmer just print it
out...?

--Jason K.