A83: Registers and UDVs on the TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Registers and UDVs on the TI-83

I hope what I'm trying to say makes sense...

Hi all,

There's this problem that I've ran into with trying to load values into
registers...and this is my code.

...a lot of code...

  ld hl, lbound			; this is the lower bound for the calculation
  ld (atempl),hl			; this is a temporary buffer for the value of A
  ld (btempl),hl			; tempbuf for B
					      ; In the start of the program, atempl and btempl
 						; are both equal to 0., so atempl + btempl SHOULD = 0...

add:
  ld a,atempl			; the problem!
  push af
  ld a,btempl			; again...
  ld b,a
  pop af

...a lot more...

If anybody needs the full source then I'd be happy to supply it.  All UDVs are
pre-defined somewhere up there...

Anyways, the error I get from TASM is "Unused value in MS byte of argument
(82)".  Documentation tells me that it could be anything from a mismatched
register to an incorrect label, and from the information given I think that

But if this is true, how would I load the value atempl into A?  Referencing
the memory address of atempl doesn't work...when I do that, I get 289 as my
answer instead of 0 (which it's supposed to be), and then the calc locks up...

Any help is greatly appreciated...