A83: Aghh Bug!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Aghh Bug!

Well, most things are done now....

But ive got this really, really, cool little bug / (problem?).

The irony here is i think it might be somthing not to do with
me...But - theres no way i am confident enought to suggest
that is the case.

It looks like the entire calc / graphlink dosent work....

And i got Pengins (by the holly one) to 'crash'....

This either comes down to: SoS problem
Or (and i will explain latter): TI graphlink software problem

Please try the following:

Reset your calc (ie. BACK IT UP!)
Use TI-graph link to send over Pengwins (for shells) and SoS (ver 1.7?)

(play the game to prove its working *now*)

Now: Pengins uses external files. It is probally in a group file.
A group file can be split up (quite sensibally and legeally). Do this.

Then send the code file Pengins to the calc (no level set) Chosing
to 'OverWrite This Vairable'. (yes very stupid and silly, you just sent it
over, dident you....)

Run SoS. Play Pengwins. Woops....

This also messes up my games (the external level set ones) i just
used Pengins as an example because, well, its very reliable.

Reasons?

Well, i confess, i dont really know.

When re-sending Pengins it is clear that you do NOT simply
reload the program you just loaded. Somthing bad happens.
This 'badness' is discovered when it leaks into level sets
causing weird and not so wonderfull things to happen.

SoS appears to be a bit of the problem (i have tried simmiler
tests with ZasmLoad and it seems to cope better. This may be
due to pure flukey memory problems in a different place).
This could be for a number of reasons - BUT this only happes
because the graphlink software is acting 'strangly'.

Well - please try this. I am on the brink of releasing lots of 'new'
programs (lots of re-releases) and i dont like to
think my calc / Graphlink or whatever is unreliable....

Bill J Ellis
Bill James Ellis

B.J.Ellis@hw.ac.uk
http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~ceebje/