Re: A83: libraries (no offense intended to Phelan or Joe here)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: libraries (no offense intended to Phelan or Joe here)

The main problem with libraries, though, is that sometimes you have
routines that aren't used by enough programs to make a memory "profit".
Take ZLIB for example (no offense Joe), just about every ZLIB game uses
ramdom, but there are routines that aren't commonly used by games, such
as 'beep'.  The point is, that every calc owner has different games.
Depending on what games they have, they might only actualy need 1
function out of a library, while the rest of the lib is a waste of space.
 I'm ok with having ZLIB and ZGFXL on my calc, but i won't be ok if 100
different libraries come out and each game needs a different on, or ZLIB
grows past 1KB, because after that, you might as well just not have the
lib.  I reluctant to have ZINPT on my calc, but that's a different story
because I don't think it was made well. This is a different story on a
computer where while you have limited space, you can almost always
expand.

					Thanks for listening,
					Alan