Re: A83: networked calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: networked calcs

At 19:40 1998-06-15 +0100, you wrote:

>Linking several ti:s wouldn't be THAT difficult, theoretically.  Think about
>it this way:  You have a computer, with three links to three calculators.
>You rewrite the linking program on your computer, so that whenever the
>variable A is sent, the computer looks in it.  The number that was in A
>should be either 1, 2 or 3.  Now all the following data from the calculator
>that sent its A, will be forwarded from the computer to the calculator with
>the number 1, 2 or 3 respectively.  This is a somewhat stupid network
>protocol, but it'd probably work.  Now all you have to do is build a small
>network hub (around a z80 with a flashrom or something) with three link
>ports, that will handle this.
>
>Linus

I think it would be much easier and faster to just connect all tre wires in
the cable together with the same wire in the other calcs..  no extra
hardware...
and then use something like the I2C protocol.. (by directly access the link
port)
that must be most simple both in programming and hardware.. almost no
hardware needed and just a little bit of programming...

//Olle

(sorry for the year..  had a virus attack from one of my old disks..  had
to set back the date to use my outdatet virus-software..  and forgot to
turn it back :)