Re: A83: Spaze Invaders for the Ti-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Spaze Invaders for the Ti-83

> Spaze Invaders for the Ti-83 is a great game

Glad you like my game =)

> but what would make it better would be to reduce the size by compressing it
> if it is not already

It's already "squished", as you've noticed it doesn't use zasmload though
because when I wrote Spaze Invaders zasmload didn't exist. So I wrote my
own loader (that's zspza).

> optimizing it for SOS or A-Shell

I tried to convert Spaze Invaders to AShell83 a long time ago, but some
evil bug made it crash the calculator all the time so I gave up.

If there's still really a need for an AShell83/SOS version of Spaze Invaders
I could give it another try. Let me now!

> and having linking capabilities (maybe not).

Yeah, maybe not =) I'd rather work on something new instead.

> I'm not sure, but I don't this game is compressed.  This is
> because this doesn't seem to be a 6K game.

Well, it was my first big Z80 program ever so it's not optimized for
size at all. I'm sure I could save a couple of kb by taking away
the intro-fx and titlescreen also, but I kinda like it =)

--
Hannes Edfeldt * movax@algonet.se

Follow-Ups: References: