Re: A82: Alive?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Alive?

In a message dated 7/27/99 11:27:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
evil_sam@hotmail.com writes:

>    According to ticalc.org's information, there are still some subscribers
>  to this list.
>
>    <snip>
>
>    SPEAK!!!
>     Sam

Hello, this is Jason_K, not well known around the 82-community, but I'd like
to contribute in making this list active again... I'm subscribed to this list
to hear about the progress of 82 asm, and new program released, as well as
participating in any general z80 discussion. I am mostly an 83 programmer
though, and am hard at work with projects there for the TCPA... I await the
release of ASH v3.1 or CrASH v2.0 so that there will be more information
about developing for the 82, and more utilities such as built in routines, so
that I can port any 83 projects to the 82 when the time comes...

On this list, it seems like there are no more beginners, and everyone is
pretty much an expert. I think the newbies starting out at asm are drawn more
towards the 83, 86, and for 68K, the 89. The people here have been around a
long time on the 82, and have progressed with their knowledge of asm, so no
questions ever have to be asked...

Although, I think there some advanced programming techniques that havent been
used as much on the 82 as other z80 calcs, such as Interrupts, Relocation (do
82 shells support that already?), Link-Play games, External Programs,
Greyscale, etc. Some of those topics I think will be brought out further with
the release of the new shell versions, at least I hope so... I remember that
Sam had trouble with external levels on the 82 with Plain Jump, did that ever
get worked out, or are there better methods yet?  I know I will need the use
of External files when the time comes to port one of the TCPA projects in
progress, to the 82.  Well, I dont expect any replies or discussion, but this
helps fill up our 82 Mailing List archives some... =P

Jason_K