A82: RE: Hays Games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: RE: Hays Games

> Now Sam, must you be so harsh?  What Hays Games Co. is trying to do
> is benefit the TiCommunity by releasing many games, and sometimes we
> have to go the extra mile to do it.  Besides, these are all little 1-
> 5k Basic, Free, Calculator programs.  Let's talk about copying for a
> bit.  You have copied all your life, you wouldn't even know english
> with out copying your parents.  At Hays, we belive in quantity over
> quality.  Besides, you are a NOBODY in the TiCommunity.  Hays Games
> Co. has become powerful over the past year, we even got rid of Bill
> Nagel from the Ti83 front, so watch out who your dealing with.
>
> Mike Smith
> Hays Games Co.

Now...  whatever this person is talking about, these words don't seem like
they are coming from a programmer.  This whole TI-community system works on
respect; which is what this guy doesn't understand.  Also, They are skipping
the major part of programming-- which are the main thinking process and
programming parts.  They don't understand that making a program is not just
a simple download of other people's programs.

I think that all they will do is be a big problem...  One major problem with
them is that they say acknowledge the fact that they are copying (we knew
that) the games, but they probably aren't giving credit to who they COPIED
IT FROM.  Most of us give credit to our parents for how they raised us.  And
whatever normal people make isn't an exact copy; they usually do complete
rewrites using similar concepts from old programs, not verbatim copies of
them.  Also, this guys' philosophy is twisted because he says that QUANTITY
is first over QUALITY...  How does that work?  I think that most of us
prefer several quality games over many dumb ones...

Whatever they are talking about, these games are NOT little, free, cheap
games.  In fact, I think that some of these programs are more valuable than
commercial games, because the people who programmed them went through hours
and hours of programming for the fun of it (which is a much better reason
than doing it to make money).  And it's not that everyone can do it alone,
so whatever someone couldn't figure out himself/herself came from other
people; usually listed in a "special thanks to" column inside the docs.

Whatever these people are doing, it is completely pointless monkey business;
they should be more productive if they want to program.

-crashman

Follow-Ups: References: