Re: A82: <sigh> Help again

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: <sigh> Help again

> Why can't I display a group of strings one after each other in menu font
>  like I can with normal font? Example:
>
>  paused_msg:
>           .db      "Galaxian 82 v3.0"
>           .db      "---> PAUSED <---"
>           .db      "<ENTER>: Resume "
>           .db      "<+>: Contrast + "
>           .db      "<->: Contrast - "
>           .db      "LIVES --->      "
>           .db      "LEVEL --->      "
>           .db      "SCORE --->",0
>
>  All Sam does is ld hl,paused_msg \ ROM_CALL(D_ZT_STR) and it will display
>  all those lines. But for some reason unknown to me, this doesn't work in
>  menu font. Whywhywhywhywhy? My life would be so much easier if it did. If
>  I am wrong about this, please slap me across the face and tell me what's
>  wrong. Thank you!

*slap!* it's because the text font overlaps to the next line if there is more
than one line stored.  That above string is really the following:

          .db      "Galaxian 82 v3.0---> PAUSED <---<ENTER>: Resume <+>:
Contrast + <->: Contrast - LIVES --->      LEVEL --->      SCORE --->",0

in menu font, it won't wrap around (just the way the ROM works) so you have to
define each line separately
Good luck!

~Adamman