A82: Galaxian v3.0 w/ autofire...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Galaxian v3.0 w/ autofire...

Evil Sam, I attempted to patch the autofire routine into Galaxian v3.0 and
three things happened:

1)  Autofire speeds up too quickly to it's maximum rate (this is easily
fixed).
2)  The 'O' Enemies didn't shoot and I don't think the bosses did either.
3)  2 1/2 seconds after the Mega Boss came on the screen, the game locked
up.  Could be related to how many shots are being fired per second (about
30-50).

Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but when I compiled
it, TASM didn't like the two "boss_shoot" line labels and complained.  So,
I changed the call boss_shoot located inside the Boss_Shoot routine to call
boss_shoot2 and the boss_shoot line label (not Boss_Shoot) to boss_shoot2.
Do I also need to change the rest of the call boss_shoot (not the call
Boss_Shoot) lines to call boss_shoot2?  Thanx.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org