Re: A82: Jezzball 82

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Jezzball 82

> You wrote:
>  >
>  >competition is a normal human trait... it brings the best and worst
>  out
>  >of people, and without competition, we wouldn't have crash and its
>  >abilities.  now both shells are trying to meet the "consumers'" needs,
>  >and it benefits us more than you think.  if you have 5 progs on your
>  calc
>  >that have external file support, you don't want the VAT_READ routine
>  in
>  >each, you want it in the shell... it saves space.  without
>  competition,
>  >the human race would be long dead, w/o having reproduced, furthering
>  our
>  >civilization.
>
>      That is true of a real-life market place..but come on, these are
>  ti-calculators. I truly doubt that crashman wanted to "dethrone" ASH.
>  Look at the 85 scene, its a mess...all these shells...diff games...they
>  need to collaborate and make 1 good/perfect shell. CrASH currently -is-
>  better than ASH, and if ASH were to up the par and become as good as
>  CrASH, what would be the point..? All this competition talk just doesnt
>  apply to such an amateurish place as ti-land. Not to say our games and
>  stuff arent cool, but no one is making a profit, and competition for
>  the sake of "looking cooler than the next programmer" isnt very much
>  incentive, I dont think.
>                                              ~Kurai

But here, we have two shells - in fact, we should "ban" any new shells from
being made so that doesn't happen.  If a new shell comes out, try it, and if
it's a LOT (emphasis on the LOT) better than use it.  Not like on the 85 but
having the entire shell written from scratch with twice as many features.
Else, just never use it, politely email the author, and discourage ppl from
programming for that shell.

As for competition, it is almost always good.  The consumers get the best
possible.

~Adamman