Re: A82: Jezzball 82

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Jezzball 82

Hey guys, WHY DON'T YOU TAKE THIS TO IRC?! Save all of us some bandwidth.
This is like my 99th e-mail today (but don't get mad at Schony, hehe).
But seriously, I wouldn't go so far as to "ban" new shells. Remember,
those with the graph-links have the power. They can pretty much force
their entire school to adopt the shell that they like. Well, at least at
my school anyway. =)

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 20:43:03 EST ADAMMAN106 <ADAMMAN106@aol.com> writes:

>> You wrote:
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >competition is a normal human trait... it brings the best and
>worst
>>  out
>>  >of people, and without competition, we wouldn't have crash and its
>>  >abilities.  now both shells are trying to meet the "consumers'"
>needs,
>>  >and it benefits us more than you think.  if you have 5 progs on
>your
>>  calc
>>  >that have external file support, you don't want the VAT_READ
>routine
>>  in
>>  >each, you want it in the shell... it saves space.  without
>>  competition,
>>  >the human race would be long dead, w/o having reproduced,
>furthering
>>  our
>>  >civilization.
>>
>>      That is true of a real-life market place..but come on, these
>are
>>  ti-calculators. I truly doubt that crashman wanted to "dethrone"
>ASH.
>>  Look at the 85 scene, its a mess...all these shells...diff
>games...they
>>  need to collaborate and make 1 good/perfect shell. CrASH currently
>-is-
>>  better than ASH, and if ASH were to up the par and become as good
>as
>>  CrASH, what would be the point..? All this competition talk just
>doesnt
>>  apply to such an amateurish place as ti-land. Not to say our games
>and
>>  stuff arent cool, but no one is making a profit, and competition
>for
>>  the sake of "looking cooler than the next programmer" isnt very
>much
>>  incentive, I dont think.
>>                                              ~Kurai
>
>But here, we have two shells - in fact, we should "ban" any new shells
>from
>being made so that doesn't happen.  If a new shell comes out, try it,
>and if
>it's a LOT (emphasis on the LOT) better than use it.  Not like on the
>85 but
>having the entire shell written from scratch with twice as many
>features.
>Else, just never use it, politely email the author, and discourage ppl
>from
>programming for that shell.
>
>As for competition, it is almost always good.  The consumers get the
>best
>possible.
>
>~Adamman

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]