Re: A82: Tiafho (now a long filename discussion)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 09:26 PM 1/19/98 EST, you wrote:

>> Look, I am an expert with using DOS.  Take my word or don't take it but you
>>  cannot edit any file with a space (character 32) in the name of it.
>>  PKUNZIP creates "TAIFHO R.DOC" not "TAIFHO~R.DOC" as you people seem to
>>  think it does.  There is no way around this except to rename the file
as it
>>  is unzipped again.
>
>but can't you go into file manager and rename the file that way?
>Please answer me, I'd like to know
>
>~Adamman

Nope.  Can't rename the file from File Manager.  File manager works the
same way DOS does to rename files.  To rename the files without using an
external DOS command, you will have to write a program to read the file in
and then write it out to a new file (if that is even possible which is
fairly unlikely to happen).

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.

Follow-Ups: References: