Re: A82: Orzunoid & Galaxian

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Orzunoid & Galaxian

>Here are some of my suggestions for Orzunoid and Galaxian.
>
>Orzunoid
>********
>
>1. Could you randomize the list of levels before each new game ? I
>would like this because I don't like playing for hours on that calc
>and I'm getting tired of those first levels.
>2. Could the bouncing of the ball also be made a little more random ?
>Perhaps you could make it so it isn't only the place on the paddle
>where the ball arrives that is responsible, but also the direction
>the ball currently has.
      Well, unfortunately although your ideas are good, I do not think I'll ever
impliment either. On the whole, I'm pretty bored with Orzunoid. With the release
of Penguins 82, I took it off my calc so I could have more penguin level sets. Your
two requests are valid, but I really am not interested in working on Orzunoid again.
I planned on ending the project after 4.0. Then the contrast problem came up so I
made 4.1. 4.2 with the multiple keypresses bug fixed will be released tonight or
tomorrow. Random levels wouldn't be that hard to do if not for the fact that the
levels have no numbering or individuality. Orzunoid really was only meant to have
3 levels with it. Those three levels made up a level set. Patrick D was going to
make Orzunoid 3.2 use external level support. He never finished it though. Changing
the level organization and then adding a level selector or a level random routine
is not that hard but right now I really am not motivated to work on this game. As
for a random ball bouncing, again I do not feel like spending the time. I still plan
to make a Orzunoid 5.0 with a gun power up, level selector, speed selector, and cool
intro screen in the very distant future, but for now I'm abandoning the project.

>Galaxian
>********
>
>Only one suggestion, I have seen and noticed myself that if you beat
>the last level, your score always is around 49000. To have some more
>variation in the scores, you could give extra points if you hit a
>falling enemy for example.
>
>Wouter
     I'm not really sure how to make the scores vary more when you beat the last
level. However most kids at my school can not even beat the game so I don't feel
its really important to add. Giving more points for hitting an enemy when its falling
is not a bad idea, but wouldn't really change anything. Then maybe the scores would
be around 50,000. On monday(hopefully), I will release the 2nd to last version of
Galaxian that will have autofire an a few error fixes. After that I will work on
Galaga 82 v1.0,aka Galaxian 4.0, it will play identical to Galaxian except that I
will add a title screen, power ups, and who knows what else. Power ups will make
the scores vary.

http://www.mailexcite.com