Re: A82: Dying Eyes is awesome! But has a few bugs.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

You wrote:

>I just wanted to congradulate Kurai on making without a doubt the
>best TI-82 RPG yet. Maybe the best on any calc. Dying Eyes is awesome!

        Why danke. :) I worked on it forever...

>Just four things that might need to be changed.
>
>	1) The DEL button, which is supposed to de-select, doesn't work
>	   if you press the attack button. You have to select which enemy
>	   you are going to fight. This is a pain if you accidently
>	   select attack when you need to heal your guy.

    This actually isnt a bug, it was just never incorporated. I suppose
I should tho, huh. k...i'll add it. I just never thought to.

>	2) It is a serious pain to have to pay the inn keeper in order to
>	   save your game. It means having to go out of town fighting
>	   people in order to save your game. If you die while trying to
>	   raise the money then you have to do everything over.

    As Goemon pointed out, saying no to a night at the INN, (or just
pressing DEL to exit the inn) prompts the save screen. I say this in
the readme of v1.1, I believe.

>	3) The items don't come back when you die. I died in the cave to
>	   Kjata. When I restarted the items in the cave were gone!

    That's true. There are some problems with why the items cant come
back... 1) The map is stored on a .db...writing to the map is a bitch
(since it's pretty big), and resetting values is even more of a bitch.
The treasure chests all come back when you start a new game, but
there's to actually have a saved-game info of which chests you have got
and havent would require a really shitty routine of matching your .db,
SAVECHEST against, say, CHESTS. All in all, let's just say it wasnt a
routine i wanted to incorporate.

>	4) After you win a battle the XP and GOLD amounts shown that you
>	   won are different than what you actually get. After one battle
>	   the game said I needed 120 more XP. Then after the next battle
>	   I gained 4 XP but the game said I only needed 110 more XP.

  This does occasionally happen..why, I dont know..i've checked the
routine throughly. Sometimes in battle it will be 1-2 off, but it's
never greater than that, I dont think.

>	I know I shouldn't be one to complain about bugs

        Bah, doesnt bother me...I like it when people find bugs, cause
it helps me get rid of them. I'm glad you like the game tho..beat it
yet? There's two different ends, one's lame, one's less lame.. :)  I'm
working on Dune II right now actually...I was working on Secret of
Mana, but couldnt get good enuff animation frames :(
                                                ~Kurai