Re: A82: Re: Fw: Proposed open operating system/gui/shell (CalcOS-82,83,

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Re: Fw: Proposed open operating system/gui/shell (CalcOS-82,83,85,86)

>>I understand the pain of having 10 different library .82ps on your calc.
>How
>>about this: put the functions INSIDE the .82p of the shell (Example:
>ash.82p has
>>INSIDE of IT the point_on/off routines). That way, there is only one file
>on the
>>calculator, but the most common functions are inside that file. How about
>it?
>That would defeat the purpose.  Then, you would have a bunch of routines
>that programs don't use.  What if the routines were stored differently?  I
>don't really see what the problem with the libraries is?  Just the number
of
>prgm variables on the calculator???

I would not mind having the extra variable on my calc, but as i have written
before it has been tested an "normal" users of the shell does not like to
have all those vars on the calc.

It would be possible to include the libs in the shell variable without
defeating the prupose of libraries. That would however require that you
installed the libs in the shell before using them, and you would need a
program to uninstall the lib again when you did not want them. This would be
a bit more complicated than normal suport of libs, it would take up more
space, and it would not solve the problems mentioned with libs.

Dines