Re: A82: Re: Info wanted (Dines) <AND> assembly programmers? where?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 03:28 PM 11/5/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Recently I had the pleasure of playing spaze on the 83, and it seemed to run
>slower than the 82 ver. Now this could of been b/c of simple timer routines,
>but if it wasn't that would mean 82 asm is faster than 83, allbeit a few
>ns... probably b/c of the way each is accessed....

Actually, this is bacause in the ti83 version, the rom call that copies the
graph mem to the LCD is used rather than one of the quicker routines
(SHOW_SCREEN by Sam Davies is used in the ti82 version)  The ti82 version
could be made a bit faster as I added quite a long delay into the copy
routine so that the speeds would be approximately the same.

     -Andrew