Re: A82: Avalanche bug when ran in CrASH v1.1

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 12:28 PM 12/13/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Well, this is interesting. Cause when I tried Avalanche with CrASH it
>did work fine. I think I know what your problem is. I also tried many
>things with CrASH and did have some crashes and errors occur. There are
>some more things besides the turbo-speed, that will not work with CrASH.
>For instance, when trying out CrASH, after putting on lots of games I
>could not run the first one listed in the second page. And, it also
>crashed on me when I was playing Zetris. Now, I know Avalance and Zetris
>have NO errors or bugs in them. The problem is the order and what games
>you play. Even with ASH, if you play a whole bunch of games (especially
>including Zpong) eventually your calc will get messed up. And since
>CrASH is not 100% compatible with ALL Ash games things are going to go
>wrong. If you just send Avalanche to your calc and play it with CrASH it
>will work, so will most everything else. BUT, many programs together
>will mess somethings up. I hope you understand what I am saying.  The
>authors of CrASH haven't documented EVERYTHING like Dines has for Ash.
>Some things (especially regareding the display controler and ports) may
>be diffrent.

I know what the problem is with crASH if you were using CrCrASH.  The
problem lies with the fact that the CrCrASH program uses interrupts and the
APD buffer.  The following games, when used in conjuntion with CrCrASH,
will crash (hee,hee :) your calc:

Spaze Invaders
Ark v1.1
Any others that won't work with Game Wizard v2.0 under ASH v3.0

One final note:  If you have ever used Game Wizard v2.0, you know that if
you exit to the TI-OS with it running, under most conditions, the calc will
crash.  The same thing probably is true with CrCrASH as I've seen it's
source and nothing is really too different from Game Wizard's interrupt
routine.  So, I recommend using the old method of finding CrASH in the PRGM
menu and running it to get to your ASM programs.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.