Re: A82: ASH progs no greater than 14K???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: ASH progs no greater than 14K???

>             I think I found the problem...when i chopped Dying Eyes
>  down to 13.5K, it worked perfectly. As soon as I added the extra 1k
>  tho, the program did what it always does, messing up the memory. is ASH
>  much like the 83, which can't take programs over 14K? Is this because
>  of the relocation? Dines or anyone who knows, please tell me...i also
>  need to know how to get around this!
>                                              ~Kurai

I often wondered how Ash could pull off relocating >half of the calc's mem.
Now I know that it doesn't!
One solution is to use multiple progs, the second prog with a ret as the first
line (in case it is executed in Ash) and get Dines to give you info on the
relocator (i.e. address and input) so you can relocate it when you need that
part, then relocate back to the original when you jump to it.  Very
complicated though.
The only other solution I know of would be to write your own relocation prog
and execute it from Ash to relocate DE.  Details I don't know, but this needs
to be resolved.
Maybe you'll have to wait for Ash 4 :-(

~Adamman