[TI-M] Re: Polynomials, factors and division & 89/92+, SOLVED

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Wed, 20 February 2002, Rob van Wijk wrote:

> If the 82 has the other matrix functions (like row+() and row*() ) then
> it would be fairly easy to make your own rref(). I don't know if this is
> useful, since I don't know if you can rref a matrix that can't be inverted
> (^-1).
>
> Rob van Wijk
-----
The 82 does matrix inversion. It must be, however, done with the \x^-1\ button.

[A]^-1 won't work.

When I need to solve

ax + by = c
dx + ey = f

I set up [A] as
[a b]
[d e]

and [B] as
[c]
[f]

then do

[A] \x-1\ [B] and the answer comes up

[x]
[y].

It is just as quick to do it by hand as with a program, so I didn't bother to program it.

Korny

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life
http://www.ivillage.com