TI-M: TIM:Stupid question(?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-M: TIM:Stupid question(?)

    Hi, first I am going to give you a little background.  I am in pre-cal,
and the engineering team at my school.  My math teacher is already somewhat
mad at me for distributing MATH programs of MY design in class, so I am
almost afraid to ask her this.
    I know that this is a stupid question, but I was wondering how I could
define a hill that could logically exist (e.g., not 1/x, but maybe a sin
function) and then get the slope of that hill at any given point.  I know
about derivatives, but they are awfully slow and I am looking for something a
bit faster.
    I am using a TI-86, and the purpose of this model is to design a 'soapbox
derby' car.