TI-M: Limits

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-M: Limits

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on limits for me?  I
want to know 2 things how to do it by yourself and then how to do it on
the 89.  So how would you figure a limit out in your head, for example,
find the limit of f(x)= (x-1)/(x^3-2) when x approaches x.  How do you
know that it is 1/3?  I get that on the 89, but i want to know how to do
it without becuase i don't want to get lost in calculus and we are just
begining limits.  Now how would i get an answer on my calculator, like
this.  lim (x+1)/(x^3-1) x is approaching 1+(but the positive is a
superscript)? when i put in my calculator like this
lim((x-1)/(x^3-1),x,1,positive) i get undef but the answer is supposed to
be +infinity.  What am I doing wrong?

Chris
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.