TI-M: Re: Physics

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-M: Re: Physics

Hey everybody, this question is pretty freaking tough.  I hope someone can
come up with the answer.  This is a physics question:

"A ball of mass 3 kg slides down a 3 m tall frictionless ramp and strikes a
15 kg block at rest on a horizontal surface.  The coefficient of friction
along the horizontal surface is 0.36.  If the block and ball stick together
how far do they slide before coming to rest?"

PLEASE, somebody help me with not only the answer.. but the explanation too.
I need to understand the concepts.  Thank you all!

-Ivan