Re: TI-M: TI-89 root question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-M: TI-89 root question

In a message dated 06/06/2000 5:19:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rmohr02@hotmail.com writes:

<< I don't know much about the TI-89, but I know how to get the nth root of a
 number on the 86 in a couple of ways.

 First, on the TI-86, there's a command that has a little "x" up high in the
 first space, then a radical sign, and then you put the number in.  It should
 look something like this:

                               ___
              \/              /
              /\             /
                    __      /
                      \    /
                       \  /
                        \/

 You put 3 in fromt of that and 27 afterwards and it'll return 3. >>

Yeah, that's what i thought it would look like (or at least that's how it
looks on most of those ancient $.50 calculators).
I got out my 86 (which I have in addition to the 89), and I found this in the
catalogue listing, so i checked through the catalog on the 89, but didn't see
it in there. I would assume the 89 would have it if the 86 did (if anything
it might be the other way around, the 89 having it but not the 86), but it
would appear the 86 has it while, unless I'm missing it, the 89 doesn't.
Maybe I'm just missing something, who knows.