[TI-H] Re: porting minix or linux ti a ti

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: porting minix or linux ti a ti

> The real problem porting linux is the memory, linux depends on a paged
> memory management unit, maybe a look at uC linux can give us some clues,
> but the kernel is still too large!.
> Maybe the prosit project is better.
I do hope that prosit will be finished and be better somewhen. It's a real
interesting project.
I think it would be good to just have a kind of multitasking system but
the AMS does not allow this.
I've worked a lot with AVR uCs last time. I haven't made a real big project
but I saw links for a multitasking systems in AVRs.
When I compare AVRs with the TI I simply cannot imagine that it's not
possible. I think you should deactivate the AMS, maybe then it would
woek.

> And tmiers for tcp/ip ?, well the ti has a 350Hz interrupt, that could
> help.
This is my biggest problem at the time.
Maybe you could give me a hint (if you know something about TCP/IP
and also the fragmention mechanism, RFC 755). Do you think it would
work if I would base the stack completely on the interrupt handler
routine?

niki