[TI-H] PIXpander & Stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] PIXpander & Stuff

Well, this is a rather late post compared to others who have made an
attempt, but I have gotten fairly close to getting a heavily modified
PIXpand design working properly. Unfortunately, it seems to be rather
sensitive to battery levels, especially when communicating data to the
TI. My last 9V just 'died' because its voltage kept dropping to 4.5V or
less anytime the TI pulled one of the lines to ground, maybe I need a
resistor there (I use 2 pins for the connection, with 18k pullup
resistors).

Also, I am looking into a proper solution for those using cards that
require 7.2V like that ultra-mega-super-duper 96 page card that can hold
a good 10+MB of data across those pages. Right now I am preferring a
route that involves a 7.2V regulator and creating a tap line of
resistors from 7.2V to Ground to power the PIC and the 3.6V line to the
card. If someone has a better method to get 7.2V, 5V and 3.6V in the
same circuit, tell me, as the tap method drains quite a bit of
electricity, and the regulator is bad enough.

I can talk to my TI-86 just fine while running of a AC->9V DC converter
right now, and the PSX card I use for testing is still a little flakey,
but I think I have a working PSX communication method within my grasp.
(Talking at the full 250Khz too, which Sami's version doesn't do)