[TI-H] Re: reopen a discussion on radio transfer link??????????

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: reopen a discussion on radio transfer link??????????

there is already a TELNET8X program, which works with the grey graph link
only. It's capable of Telnet (e.g. SMTP&POP3 :-D ). I don't know if it's
different, but it's just downloadable from ticalc.org.

> Hey, folks!
>
> Sorry that I can't directly reply to Heiko's mail as of technical reasons.
> But as he told you a bit about our project, I feel like I should add
> something to the discussion:
>
> First of all, yes, we (Alexander, Marc and me) accomplished a radio
> connection between one or more TI-82s and a PC. The main goal was to give
> the TIs internet access, which is why the project is called "Mobile
internet
> access for graphing calculators". Actually it is not necessary to transfer
> internet related data from the PC to the TI-82s, this is an opportunity
and
> as the PC software supports it, this is the main aspect. The TI in fact
> doesn't care what data it receives so it might aswell be static data like
> schedules or homework. This was really brief, so if you want to get more
> information, take a look at www.ti-net.de.vu, where you now also find a
link
> to an english version (at the bottom) whereas the home page was and is
> german.
>
> Any questions may and already have been directed to my colleagues and me
> either via this mailing list or directly (see addresses at the web page
> mentioned above), but I have to say that because of some "legal" issues we
> won't be able to give you very detailed information. Once the more
in-depth
> information is available you'll be informed.
>
> I almost forgot: Currently only the TI-82 and not those with ROM 19.006
are
> supported, but ACE and thereby 19.006 support seems to be coming soon,
> porting the software to other calculators (most probably TI-83 first) is
on
> schedule.
>
> Bye, Burkart

Follow-Ups: References: