To: DCHSPoptart@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:36:45 -0500
Subject: Re: Fwd: [TI-H] TI-Black Cable
From: Howard N Smith <dragonphinn@juno.com>

The person is going to need a third party component to interact between
the TI and the Computer.  I suggest WinRT, but short of that you can get
free ones at www.delphi32.com.

The program on the calculator should simply send the information as if it
were sending to another computer.  The Program should pick up the data
bits and process them on the buffer, depending on what COM port they are
using.  I'm more familiar with processing using GW-Basic, mostly because
that's what my electronics class uses.  However, the program should be
basically the same.  At first, just have a display which mirrors the
inputted binary figures.  You can then figure out what each means, and
then interpret as needed.  It's a long, hard road, however - especially
if you want to interpret text.  It'll probably be easer to figure out
what the significance of each bit is, or to crack the code, than to
actually figure out key by key.

The only think I'm at a loss to is the sending, from the application to
ICQ.

Hope that helped!

-DP
SAY NO TO AOL PRICES!