[TI-H] Re: Which calc should i buy???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Which calc should i buy???

>i am going to buy a new calc and i am not sure witch one to buy...
>TI83+SE or TI89  (i will be playing games mainly)
>i like the fact that you can compile C into calc and use it
>on the 89 but i like the 1.5meg on the 83+se...

If you plan to program yourself, I would go for the ti89, with the more
powerful 68000, a memory area that maps to the screen (instead of only
being able to access it via a port as on the 83), easier and more
controllable interrupt handling, flat memorymodel without banks, stuff like
that.
z80 is nice in the way that it is less complex, and thus easier to see the
limitations, and then easier to program optimized code. But I like the
68000 better with more registers, more advanced adressingmodes, and such.

And about the memory. Doesn't the SE still have a rediculesly small ram?
like 24K or something.
I like the ti89 with a more balanced 256K ram (of which about 190K is
available) and ~700K of flash.
I have felt it to be quite enough. I don't use it extremly much though,
maybe others have other views.

 >Any 82/83 series calc sucks.  The 89 is cool, but overall, 86 rocks.

A motivation would be nice.
This line just leaves me with one question "why does the 86 rock? because
thats the calc he owns?"
I hope you have a deeper reason then that :)

///Olle

Follow-Ups: References: