[TI-H] Simple question about graphlink interface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Simple question about graphlink interface

Please forgive me for asking what may seem like a dumb question...

I'm trying to use my TI-83+ as an I/O interface to my wearable computer.
It's perfect for I/O for me, mainly because people don't mind if you use the
calculator during class :). My question is: how do you receive variables
over the serial graphlink cable using a basic or visualbasic program? I
haven't done much programming on the serial port so I really have no clue.
If anyone has example programs in simple basic that would be awesome. I need
to be able to receive control codes (just numbers) from the calculator, and
be able to send it text. When I simply OPEN the serial port, it freezes the
calculator.

Any help would be appreciated. Has anyone else used a calculator in this
way? Like a remote control for an MP3 player or something?

Thanks!!

Joe Near
jpnear@kiva.net