[TI-H] Re: memory expansion

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: memory expansion

Oh, I should mention that one of these days, the PIXpand or some variant will be available and working (*cough*self-advertisement*cough*). Since it uses PSX Memory cards, and soon the price should drop and people should be able to pick up cheap used ones if Sony doesn't drop the PSX card prices. These hold around 128k of space on each 1-page card, and if you can get a cheap 24-page card, it will give you an optimal maximum of 3 Megabytes of storage space. There is a bit of waste here since you store in 16k chunks/blocks, but if I ever get it working, it will be a nice archive space for even 92's. Hopefully I can get the Asm code for at least an 86 Program that will talk to the PIXpand variant and get information on what is available on the card.... and act as a sender/reciever for specific file management on the card. Doubt this will help unless you have maybe a month or so where you can wait, but it is worth a shot to put the idea out there, eh?

(BTW, I have the schematics done for the TexDrive (PIXpand variant),  but I still am working on software, and goading my teacher into getting another 16F84 to replace my busted up 16F84, which is missing the RA1 & RA2 pins.)

Matrix-Zed E-Mail (Should This Be Removed?)