[TI-H] Re: TI Networking.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: TI Networking.

At 18:48 2001-05-05, you wrote:
>one way to provide distinct addresses for each calculator would be using
>the built-in ID#; i don't
>know how to get to it but I'm sure there's a way.  if the network was set
>up in a way with each
>calc having an address and a packet being sent to just one calc with the
>address in the header,
>this could be helpful...
>jeff

The problem with this is that it is a bit too large number.
rediculous to send 56 bits (7 bytes) just for adress.

> > Why not have the user specify an address, and have all calculators linked
> > when the game starts? Use consecutive addresses, and also input into the
> > calculator the total number of addresses.  This would eliminated the need
> > for autodetection.

Sure you could do that (and would probably do in an early stage of dev.)
But it is an uggly and un-userfriendly sollution.
If it can be done in a smart way without the user specifying every little
detail, it is better to do it that way.

///Olle