[TI-H] Re: I remember hearing of a ti hub project a few years ago...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 02:30 2001-05-02, you wrote:

>Hmm, this has gotway off my original idea... for all those that dont remember
>it :) i was thinking of something more like a star topology with a computer
>acting as the hub (or possibly some other hardware acting as a base) where
>instead of the calculator or the custom hardware doing all the work (which
>would slow it down a lot) the computer does the work and the calcs would have
>a standard packet except the header would have the destination id and the
>originating id

I know you suggested that, I never commeted on it, since I thought it was
quite a bad idea since most times you want to network calcs (for
multiplayer games or whatever) you don't have any computer with you, and it
sounds like a really bulky sollution too. You also need a link cable per calc.
The thing with some other hardware in the middle is also interesting.
though it probably has to be something smart, and then you have to program
it. It just moves the programming from the calc to something else. I think
I would like a sollution with minimum hardware, that as nitrocloud said,
can be built by anyone (almost), and then you only need software in the
calc. I think that would make it much more used.
A usefull variant of your system though, would be a system to network calcs
over the internet or any other tcp/ip network. then you could try out
multiplayer games with friends anywhere. that would be nice.

//Olle