[TI-H] Re: I remember hearing of a ti hub project a few years ago...

[Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: I remember hearing of a ti hub project a few years ago...

Quoting Nitrocloud@aol.com:

> Well, a standard nic on a computer has to have a  hub for multiple
> connections, so we get right were we started from

Yes and no, 10BaseT ethernet networks do require a hub, but other networks like
thinnet and token ring don't.

In fact all a Hub does in a 10BaseT network is connect the output of the sender
to the input of the recever(s), but in thinnet all the data is on the same wire,
and on token ring the output of one host is conneced the input or the next host
until the last host is connected to the first.

And since wireless would be the most the most convenint, then wou could have
every one run on the same freq. and not need a hub.

"You can't spell Windows with out ___DO_S"