[TI-H] Re: Mem Expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Mem Expander

--- "Dave W" <tenordave@hotmail.com>
>I'm currently working on a way to interface to a I2C eeprom.  The problem is
>that the eeprom writes are extremely slow.  It takes about one minute to
>write an entire 512k eeprom.  I've got all the eeprom code down, now just
>working on a front-end and a file system.

Actually, that is fairly good time for an EEPROM. The main key being: Since most people use 89s, 86s, or 83/+ calcs from TI, would you actually need to write all 512k in one sitting? The 83/+ can only write 24k at a time due to the rather annoying fashion of accessing ArcMem, the 86 can only hold 96k of VARs, and the 89 has 128k or so that is not ArcMem. This means that the largest chunk you will ever write in one sitting will probably be no bigger than 128k, which means that you will only spend around 15 seconds writing, which is pretty darn good, considering you will actually spend more time sending that much data through the link port than writing it to the EEPROM.

Matrix-Zed E-Mail (Should This Be Removed?)