[TI-H] port programming

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] port programming

hey all, been a while since i've posted... pity to see the list die like
this.

i had kind of a simple question for you all, or anyone that still reads
here. i'm looking to interface an external device to a port on my pc, serial
or parallel, doesn't matter. all i need to do is set one pin high or low as
an on/off signal. it'll just drive a transistor which will drive my load. my
question is, should i use serial or parallel (which is easier to program in
this way), and how do i go about controlling raw pin signals on the port?

thanks,
nick

Follow-Ups: References: