[TI-H] Re: PIXpander hacks

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: PIXpander hacks

>The schematic is frozen in two different designs, one designed to drive a 7
>segment display, and one to drive LEDs. the 7 segment display has another
>chip and the display, but is actually a tad bit cheaper than the LED.
>version, and has only 3-4 parts for feedback (driver chip, display, 1-2
>resistors), instead of 10.

7-segment would be cool, since you can give much more messages. 0-9, A, C,
E, F, H,

>The new code is still being coded, and I hope to actually have the chip
>talking to the thing soon, but there is a snag... one of my wires to the
>connector broke and I don't have a soldering iron with me to fix it, so my
>tests will not be really high quality. I also have the needed docs to code
>the TI protocol interface onto the chip.

That would be *very* cool. But how would you do the transferring
PIXpander->calc? You set the calc to "Waiting..." and select files on the
PIXpander? Also, do you have any idea of how expensive the
playstation-memory-card is? I do not. Maybe it would be cheaper to use
serial EEPROMS or, like I saw at the lasergame club, a button... It was a
Dallas memory buton with a diameter of approx. 1 cm. You put it on a
connector, and data transfers. I couldn't see the number of the chip, only
that it was a Dallas chip, like a little battery as the CR2025 backup
battery of the TI-83+.

>Hopefully by the end of this week I
>will have a completed, tested thing for others to build, even if I can't
>build it properly myself.

Cool! I can't wait!