[TI-H] Re: Use Rechargable Batteries!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Use Rechargable Batteries!

On Thursday 23 August 2001 08:10, you wrote:
> I advise you to use NiMH batteries. Their capacity is most of the time
> higher then NiCD. NiCD batteries also have a 'memory-effect': if you
> recharge them when they're not completely empty it will lose this capacity.
> NiMH batteries are expensive but if you buy them, you can use them for
> years.

actually they will not recharge as many times as a nicad, i get about 400
charges off of my nimh's and 600 off of my nicads.  Also the other difference
is nicads have a much lower internal resistance, so you can rapid charge them
much faster and they can source many more amps than the Ni-mh batts can.

granted the ti only uses a couple mA when it is on so the Ni-mh battery is a
good trade off in this case.  I use them, dcace electronics has a 4 pack for
about 10 USD.

--
Bryan Fields, KB9MCI