[TI-H] Re: I remember hearing of a ti hub project a few years ago...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: I remember hearing of a ti hub project a few years ago...

At 20:57 2001-04-29, you wrote:
[...]
about hubs and networking calcs
[...]

I just got an interesting idea. To connect the calcs in a token ring or an
ethernet.
could be built like a hub with minimum of parts.
Most work has to be done to drivers.
It wouldn't be compatible with standard Basic, but with asm programs.
Maybe on some calcs one can extend basic with network send commands.

>The data buffer with a pic16f84 is essentially zilch.  You can't hope to
>buffer entire packets except perhaps VERY small ones.  There probably is
>enough ram to track packet start&ends, so it's likely not a bad
>microcontroller to use (if you can get one ;)

64 bytes at least in the f84 :)
(minus variables you need ofcourse..)
I love the pic16c/f84. Have just yesterday fired up my pic dev tools again.
(homemade ofcourse)
First project now is connecting a standard ps2 keyboard to the linkport.
Does anyone here know wich calcs has this extremly nice remote command
function, where you can send keypresses to the linkport?
I use that, wrote the routines and tested them yesterday night for it.
Would like to know wich calcs it could be compatible with, and if there are
any, what the differences is between the calcs.
This night I'll try to implement the ps2 side.

I love the wonderful schoolboklike risc architecture in the pic :)
35 instructions and 64 registers.. like it should be :)

Oh, I have no problems in getting one. nice that they only cost like $3 too.

///Olle