TI-H: Homemade Parallel Link, I need detailed Information

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Homemade Parallel Link, I need detailed Information

Hello,

I made some Parallel links by myself, i have got a ti-83. There was
nothing working while i used resistors, not even with 100 ohms!). So i
built the old version without resistors and it worked (more or less).
I've got a laptop and voltage from my parallel port was 5.4 volts going
off when on battery, 5.7 volts when stable. I'm wondering whether the
link will work at any type of PC-computer, and whether there is a
possiblity of damage to some IC's when leaving out the resistors. As
well i'm wondering if there is a possibility of damage when not
connecting pins 18-25 but only taking pin 22 for ground.
I just want to check the risks; I'm a student at Lausanne University
(CH). We want to provide students with cheaper links. We don't want
everything to turn out to be fatal.
I thank you very much for all information provided.

yours sincerely

Roberto Balmer
rbalmer@gmx.net