RE: TI-H: somthing hardware related for a change

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: somthing hardware related for a change

>  > Did anyone ever succeed in building a rf link for calks?
>Once in a while, people, (my self being one of them) bring this issue up now
>and then and everybody seems to avoid this topic... I dont know why.

Well, I think the reason why this topic is avoided is because of the
problems involved in building one. The transmitter would be rather
bulky, and have a relatively short range (although it would easily
allow for 3+ calcs to link to each other using one). But the biggest
concern is how the EM emissions will have an effect on the calc and
other nearby devices. Another is choosing a band for the link
(anything above 800Mhz-1Ghz is practically open territory, but is
even harder to build a transmitter for), and powering such a
transmission device. Using a mutual inductor linking the transmission
circuit which would be on separate power and an amp *might* give you
the needed boost on the power to transmit...

Overall, it would be expensive, annoying to produce, and not worth
the effort. One would be better off with an IR link, despite the LOS
problems.

-Krev

--
----
"Science describes how our universe reacts in a mathematical